SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 4 June 2018

Some books I love!

Hi lovelies!

As you can read from the title, I am talking about my favourite books and why I like them and would recommend them. I'm not the biggest book worm as I find it hard to read a full book with distractions and when I have internet access (let's be honest here, we're all friends). But I have read some great books that I want to talk about.

(Side note: I have not put them in any particular order)


---


I thought I'd start with probably my favourite books of all time. 'The Hunger Games' series by Suzanne Collins is such an excellent trilogy. I have read this series twice all the way through, which is rare for me. The story is so intense and interesting and it's one of those series that you don't want to put them down and you just want to keep reading at all hours. I have to say my favourite of the series is 'Catching Fire' because I love the idea of the Hunger Games Quarter Quell and it grabbed my attention instantly. I would highly recommend these to everyone and if you have seen the films, the books are great to add more pieces of the story.


Another book I love is 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green. I know a lot of people love this book and it was everywhere when the film came out but it is a great book and I can see why it was so hyped up. It's a mixture of emotions, from happiness, to sadness and everything in between. I got so invested in the story so quickly and it was a great read. In one aspect, it's an easy read, but because of the story line, it's a hard book to read (I don't know if that made any sense at all but it did in my head). It's just a very emotional book that I think everyone needs to read.


I am currently still reading the 'Harry Potter' series (I am on 'The Half-Blood Price' at the moment) and I thought I would feature my favourite so far. 'The Goblet of Fire' is just such a good story line and it wasn't too slow at getting going. I love the idea of a Wizarding games and it's such a great concept. As a whole, I love the 'Harry Potter' series and I love the films so much. But I do have to say (and I know it's cliche) the books are better than the films. I am absolutely loving reading them and I am hoping to have them finished soon.


Next are the 'My Mad Fat Diary' books. I read these after I watched the show (one of the best TV shoes every. Very, very highly recommend you watch it). I like that these are actual diary entries and it's very much an easy read. There's some sad moments and some very funny moments and Rae Earl is hilarious and very honest (I would also highly recommend that you follow her on twitter). These books are great if you want something that doesn't need a lot of commitment because the entries are shorter than chapters and it easier to pick up and put down when you like.


Next is 'Big Little Lies' but Liane Moriarty. I got this based on recommendations of the TV show on the internet and I hadn't watched the series when I read this so I knew nothing about the story line and I absolutely loved it. The story line goes from the present day to the past and back again which can be confusing at times and it took me a while to get used to it but it's such a good book to get you thinking. It's essentially a murder mystery book and that's not my usual thing I go for but I loved this. I would recommend the book over the TV show because I didn't like the TV show at all. I tried watching it but I really couldn't get into it and thought the book was much better.I might give the show a second chance seen as I love the book so much, but for the time being, definitely go for the book.


Next is a book that I picked up on a whim at work and I loved it! 'Misery' by Stephen King is about an author who get's abducted by his 'biggest fan' (and I'm not going to say anymore than that). I thought this was going to be a horror because that's what I associate Stephen King with but I wouldn't say it's a horror but it is somewhat harrowing. There are some horrible and intense moments in the book but it kept me on the edge of my seat. I hadn't watched the film when I read this but I would say the film is pretty toned down compared to the book. If you don't like creepy or gruesome stuff, I wouldn't recommend this but if you want an intense book, this is the one.


I had to add these because I am Dan and Phil trash and I love these books. 'The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire' is a book with a mixture of things from their YouTube channels and it's the type of book that you don't have to read in order because it's all so random. 'Dan & Phil Go Outside' is a picture book from their tour and it's just a good coffee table book and one to flick through if you want to look at some photos. These are just very chilled out books and once just to pick up whenever you want.


Lastly, are the 'Girl Online' books by Zoe Sugg. These are the ultimate easy read and heartwarming books. I would say these are aimed at teenagers but I enjoyed them when I read them because they are so easy reading and just a pleasant story. I would recommend if you do want something to just switch off to and just to relax with a comforting book.

---

I have a few more honourable mentions that I don't have photo's of

'Everything Everything' by Nicola Yoon

This was a pretty short book but I absolutely loved it. Again, I got this because of the hype with the film (and I still haven's seen it!) and it was worth it. It's a great story line and it's a very romantic and sweet book so if that's not your thing, I wouldn't recommend this but if you want something cute and heartwarming, this is the one.

'Holding Up The Universe' by Jennifer Niven

When I got this book, I knew nothing about it at all except for the blurb on the back and thought I'd give it a chance and I wasn't disappointed. The story is some-what relateable, as I feel a lot of people could relate to some aspects of it. I just enjoyed reading it and it didn't take much time or effort to read because the story flows well.

---

I think they're all the book recommendations I have. I hope you enjoyed the post and let me know some of your book recommendations in the comments because I am always after some more books to sink my teeth into.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time. Bye! xx


Post a Comment