SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 26 May 2018

How I style my Dr Marten shoes

Hi lovelies!

I'm doing a fashion post today and I guess it's sort of a look book. I will be showing you how I style my Dr Marten's shoes. I have quite a few pairs of them and they are possibly my favourite brand of shoes (as well as Converse). Once the shoes are broken in, they are so comfortable and last for years. Yes, they are expensive but I think that they're worth the price tag for the quality of them. They also do Vegan leather ones if you're interested in them and you're vegan.

That's enough of the intro and I will now get onto the outfits and shoes...

(Side note: I have duplicated some of the outfits as I wear most of them with the same outfit as they are versatile and go with everything!)

1460 Smooth Classic Boot


So the first pair are the classic black boot (they also come in Burgundy as well which are gorgeous and I want them!) and they are the OG style of Dr Martens. These are the shoes I associate with DM's and they are just classic and timeless. They go with pretty much everything and they are super comfy once they are broken in.



The first outfit I style these with is the whole black outfit, classic Joanne. I tucked some black, ripped skinny jeans into the boots and paired them with a band shirt and a faux leather biker style jacket. This is my go-to outfit with these boots and I am obsessed with the whole black outfit. These shoes are also very practical and great for the cold whether because they have the classic DM soles and they are good in the snow. 



The second outfit I have styled these with is my Blue slim fit jeans with black lace up details on the side, a white slogan t-shirt and a black patched bomber jacket. I love styling these with blue jeans and not tucking them in, especially of the jeans are more slim fit or mom/boyfriend fit jeans and if they are more of an ankle grazer style. I wanted to tie the black boots in with the jacket and the two items are quite androgynous as the boots are made for both men and women in the same style and the jacked is a Zara Man jacket (I'm not going to lie, I bought this because it's Dallon Weekes' jacket and I'm a massive fangirl of him) but I love it with this look. 

1460 Pascal Glitter Boots


These are the same style of the classic boot but these ones are in glitter. I opted for the black glitter because I found them they'd go with more outfits. I'm not sure how I am supposed to maintain the leather of these ones as they are covered in glitter so I can't use the wonder balm stuff. Anyway, after that side note, let's get into the outfit styled.



I also styled these with the black ripped skinny jeans and my band t-shirt but I have have changed the jacket for a faux suede Burgundy biker jacket. I like adding the small pop of colour to the whole black outfit because it adds something different but not to take the attention away from the glitter boots. 

1461 Iced Metallic Shoes


I have 2 pairs of these shoes, a pair in each colour so I thought, instead of wearing the same outfit but change the shoes, just wear one of each colour. The photo is not showing how magical these are! These are completely holographic, a silver holo and a pink holo. I first got the silver ones and I live in them and when they came on sale, I snapped up the pink pair too. These also come in a boot style but I personally preferred the shoe. I just love anything holographic and these were a must to me. Just a side note, I wear these with everything and I have only shown one example of how I would wear these.



I have styled these shoes with a casual, black floral skater style dress and a cropped denim jacket. This is a very casual and comfy outfit and great for summer. I wouldn't normally wear one of each shoes (even though it actually looks really cute) but you get the idea of what each colour looks like with this outfit. There's not really a lot to say about this outfit as it is very simple but I feel it compliments the shoes perfectly.

Carmelita Peep Toe Leather Boot Heels


I feel like these are a very love/hate kind of shoe. The DM heels are very chunky and quite weighty and some people will love them (like me) and others will think they're ugly. I love the chunkiness of them and I love a peep toe style and the cut-out design on the heel. They have the classic DM bouncy sole and the comfort of the sole grips on the bottom. 



This dress is such a staple piece in my wardrobe and it's my go to dress for going out because it goes with everything! I love this monochrome striped skater style dress with the tan heels. I don't normally go for tan heels but I love the colour and it's something different than my usual black heels. Because of the platform and the comfy sole, these are very easy to walk in and relatively comfy (as comfy as heels can be, let's be real).



To dress down these shoes, I have put them with the blue lace up jeans, a white t-shirt and a khaki oversized shirt. This is very casual and I feel the tan and the khaki compliment each other very well. To make it more natural toned, I would also wear both of these items with black boyfriend/mom style jeans. This just makes them more casual and dressed down.

1460 Pastel Pink boot


These are the classic style boot but in a cute, summery pastel pink shade. I find these slightly difficult to style these because of the colour but I feel these go with something more colourful rather than with black outfits. 



Because the boots are so colourful and a bright shade of pink, I have toned this down and just styled it with the blue jeans and white slogan t-shirt. Like I said above, I find these ones very difficult to style and I feel like I need more items in the wardrobe to cater for these amazing boots. I am in love with the colour and they just add a bit more fun to the classic boot style.

1461 Rainbow Glitter shoes


And last but not least, the final pair I have are my Rainbow glitter shoes and I still love these! These are the perfect pair for summer because they are so colourful and the glimmer in the sunlight which looks great. The photo is not doing justice to all the colours in the shoes but if you saw them in person, you'd be able to see them all. Like the Holographic shoes above, I can wear these with pretty much anything and they make a statement to any outfit. These also come in a boot style but I preferred the shoe style personally.



I again paired these with the blue lace up jeans and white slogan t-shirt (what can I say, it's a classic, easy outfit) and I put on my oversized blue denim jacket. I would normally wear this jacket with black jeans but because of the different tones of blue, I think it works quite well together. I feel like the shoes are the highlight of this outfit because they add some colour to an otherwise plain outfit. 

---

And that's all the looks! Let me know if you have any Dr Marten's and how you style them because I would love to know! I would also like to thank my friend Lorna for taking the photos (these were the best of a bad bunch as my face would not stay still and I am a very terrible model) as she did a great job and had to put up with me!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time. Bye!


Post a Comment