SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 12 May 2018

Songs I would sell my soul to hear live | Panic! At The Disco edition

Hi lovelies!

I'm starting a new series on here which I am so excited about! I have named it 'Songs I would sell my soul to hear live' (catchy right?). I have decided to call it that because I say this phrase a lot and it sums me up as a human.

I'm obviously going to be starting with Panic! At The Disco because I have so many songs I want to hear live by them. I have seen Panic! 3 times (soon to be 4 times) and there are some songs I am still desperate to hear live and some that I want to hear live again (my first concert was in 2008 so I can't remember much of it). So, let's get cracking.



Far Too Young To Die

This song is from the 'Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die' album and I have put this at the top of the list because this is the song that sparked my mind to start this series. I have such a huge love of this song and it's so underrated! They have never played this live (please correct me if I'm wrong), even when the album was first released, and I don't understand why because, to my ears, it's perfection. I also feel the atmosphere when this song is played would be amazing.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f71XfN_DLI

Time To Dance

Now, I have heard this song live 3 times but I never tire of it. It's my all time favourite song and I want to listen to it every day of my life. When this song is played live, it's electric and I get shivers down my spine at how good this song is live. I feel like the soul and meaning of the song is pushed even further and it's just a killer song to hear live.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUug-R7M5g

Northern Downpour

This song is definietly a fan favourite and this was played a lot when the original band was all together and during the 'Pretty. Odd' era but this was axed from the set-list after Ryan Ross and Jon Walker left. This song is so beautiful and I would love to hear it live for that reason. The atmosphere when this song is being played would be so great because, like I said, it's a fan favourite and many people want to hear it live also.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zouSojyIi94

Hurricane

This is one of the songs that was played during the 'Vices and Virtues' tour but hasn't been played since. I'm not sure if this is a particular fan favourite but it's one of my favourite songs because I think that it's so well done. It has different elements in it that would make it great to hear live. I feel like not too many of the songs from this album get played now anymore but I want this one to come back so bad because I really want to hear it live at least once in my life.

LISTEN HERE:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1pIGlUzLc

The Good, The Bad and The Dirty

I always have thought this was a fan favourite song because when 'Death Of A Bachelor' first came out, a lot of the lyrics of this song were flying about and in edits and so on, but this doesn't get played live and I don't understand why. It's such a banger of a tune that you can't help but like and sing along to (in my opinion anyway). This is another one of those songs that would go down so well in the set list.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu55xS1TdoU

Girls/Girls/Boys

This song is definitely one of my all time favourite Panic! songs and it's a fan favourite also. I have heard this song live before but I want to hear it over and over again because it's just so well played live. I have to admit, it won't be the same hearing this live without Dallon in the band (it's still a sore topic for me) but I'm sure Nicole will do it justice. I will also admit that during the times I have heard this live, I have shouted "PLAY THAT BASS DALLON!" (literally no shame) because the bass line in this song is incredible!

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk8jV7r6VMk

Build God, Then We'll Talk

I think I heard this live when I first saw them (when I was literally 12 years old) but I don't remember much of that show. This has so many different elements in it that would sound killer live. I can imagine it's challenging to play live but it would be worth it. It has that 'Fever' sound that all Panic! fans know and it goes from slow (ish) to quick. I can't really explain this one very well other than, I really, really want to hear this one live.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSIm3Zeecg

Do You Know What I'm Seeing?

I'm not sure if this is a fan favourite but this song is one, if not my favourite from 'Pretty. Odd' because it kind of chilled out but then it's not in some parts. I can't make a judgement on the atmosphere if this song is ever played live because I don't know how it would be received. But, that being said, I think it would be great to hear live at least once in my life.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJYBLOQ1tQ

Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met)

Now, this one isn't a particular favourite of mine. I like it but I wouldn't chose to put it on straight away. That being said, this would be incredible to hear live because it's very theatrical and sounds like it should belong in a west-end show. If you know the song, you know what I'm talking about. There's so many different sound effects on this track that would sound great interpreted into a live version. I would also like to see how it would be amended or changed for a live version (if it does at all). This song just interests me in terms of a live version.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZ3yTZJr08

Collar Full

This just seems obvious to me. It's a very up-beat, happy song that will get the audience dancing and just make them happy. It's a song that can easily involve the audience, such as clapping to the beat and singing parts of it. I literally have no other reason than this song makes me happy and it's upbeat and fun and it would be great to hear live some day.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAIEAG6Vgk

Casual Affair

Sticking with the 'Too Weird' album, this song, from what I've heard, is amazing to hear live and I never have and I'm gutted about that! I can imagine it's quite eerie and powerful to listen to live because of the way the studio version sounds. I feel the atmosphere would be amazing and the whole vibe of it.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyx0W5UhJGM

Victorious

I have heard this song live before but I love it so much that I would love to hear it again. This is my 'power song', as it gets me motivated and makes me so happy. It's just powerful and Brendon's voice matched with this song is perfection. It suits him down to the ground. It's a crowd-pleaser because it gets people jumping and dancing and going crazy and that's what makes a concert great for me, when the crowd are just going wild!

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUChk0lxF44

Oh Glory

This is a lesser known song as it is a bonus track from 'Vices and Virtues' but it's great! I've always said that this would be the perfect track for the last 'Twilight' film because I feel like it matches well. It's a fast, powerful song and I just love it!

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoTKnsRpzRo

Pas De Cheval

This is one of my favourites from 'Pretty. Odd' and it's just a happy, cheerful song and I want to hear this live with all the backing vocals and melodies. I think this would sound great live and I wish they would add more songs from the album to their set list because the fans love it and there's a lack of them (and I'm saying that because Pretty. Odd is my least favourite Panic! album [please don't come for me hahaha!])

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIp7-GmlsE4

House of Memories

This is a very underrated track from 'Death Of A Bachelor' and I feel it gets overlooked a lot. This is a song that just builds up as it goes along and I love that about it. This also has one of my all time favourite Panic! lyrics which I have tattooed on my arms which is 'Soft hears, electric souls'. The melody of this song is great and I feel it has depth (okay Joanne, calm down, you ain't no expert).

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuliCkN2oic

Bittersweet

This is a bonus track from 'Vices' and it's one of my faves because Brendon's voice in this song is perfect! I can't help but sing along to this because it's so catchy and upbeat. It's also great to sing along to! It would be such a fantastic song to hear live just for those reasons listed above!

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaa8GcPqCk

Lying Is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

This song is such a Panic! classic and most (probably) fans are very disappointed that it's not still on the set list because it's such a favourite. It's just one of those songs that always gets people going and Panic! fans hearts beating faster and faster (see what I did there... hahaha... I hate myself). But in all seriousness, fans would be so happy to hear this live, me included, and I think we should start a petition to bring it back into the set list

Kaleidoscope Eyes

This is just a sweet love song (well, that's how I interpret it) and it just makes me happy and it makes me want to slow dance. The lyrics in the chorus are so sweet, my personal favourite being 'I'm just a white blood cell fighting like hell for you'. I have no other reason other than it makes me happy and it would make me happier to hear it live.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo05LLKpVUc

There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet

What a mouthful! I almost forgot about this song but it's one of my favourites. This is also very theatrical and would be amazing for audience participation and it's very upbeat and fast and I adore it! This needs to be added back to the set list right now!

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfrDroTPRg

(Fuck a) Silver Lining

And last but not least (congrats if you made it this far) is (Fuck a ) Silver Lining. This song is on the not-yet released 'Pray For The Wicked' album and it's my current favourite song. I smile every time it comes on. It's just so upbeat and great to sing and dance along to.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZUopuhqwCM

---

And that's the list! I apologies it was a long one but I had a lot to cover! I could've added more but I thought I'd better restrain myself from putting every song they've ever made in the list!

Also, Bredon Urie, if you're reading, please make note and add some of these to the set *cough cough*

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and, like I said, it will be a series so I'll do a different artist each time. Let me know what songs would be on your ideal set list and songs that you would sell your soul to hear live. Until next time, thanks for reading. Bye! xx

Post a Comment