SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 10 April 2018

30 Beauty Questions Tag!

Hi lovelies!

I absolutely love answering questions and if they're makeup related, even better! I searched the internet for a question tag that's makeup related and came across this one from The Beauty Section and I thought I would do it today!

Also, I tag all of you to do this so get answering!



1. Do you remember your first makeup item?

I do. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I was about 16 or so but I persueded my mum to get me a lip gloss when I was about 14. It was a Collection 2000 Plumping Lip Gloss in a baby pink colour. I would never wear baby pink now but I remember feeling so fancy with my little lip gloss. I also used to get free makeup in magazines which I thought was the best think ever!

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?

I like a voluminous, slightly clumpy mascara that's super black. I want my lashes to look full and obvious that I've got mascara on, and also one that means I don't need to put false lashes on. I have found one that is so almost perfect which is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara but I feel like the Benefit They're Real is probably perfect for me but I don't want to pay £21.50 for an item that I have to replace in 3 months time.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?

I tend to go for a medium coverage that has a dewy finish. That;s why I love the L'Oreal True Match so much!

4. Favourite High End brand?

I have quite a few. Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Kat Von D Beauty and Urban Decay are probably top of my list. I also like Anastasia Beverly Hills and Benefit.

5. What cosmetics brand have you always wanted to try but haven't?

I think it's a tie between Physicians Formula, Wet n Wild and Covergirl.

6. Favourite Drugstore Brand?

Makeup Revolution, hands down! I also have to give special mention to Maybelline and MUA.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?

I don't usually but when I feel like a look needs it or if I'm going out for a night out or a party or something then I will wear some. I never buy expensive ones, I tend to get some wispy looking ones from eBay.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?

If I'm wearing makeup, I never leave the house without the lipstick I am wearing because I tend to need to top up the lipstick throughout the day, whether that's a liquid lip or a bullet lipstick because they always wear away on me. But on a day to day basis, I don't wear makeup, only on my days off from work is when I bother to.

9.  What is your most cherished beauty product?

I have a few options (I know, I'm cheating a bit) but it would be either my Jeffree Star Cosmetics collection, my Kat Von D Metal Matte palette or my Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland palette.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?

It seems like I'm always shopping for makeup (which let's be real, I always am). I feel like because I follow a lot of beauty Instagram's, I'm always seeing new things and things I want to try (as well as all the offers, thanks fyi_beauty). And for the second part of the question, I feel like it's a mix. It depends where I am shopping. If I order from the Makeup Revolution site, I tend to wait until loads of new things I want are our before I make an order and I do a bulk order. But sometimes there's one specific launch I want, like a high-end palette. So, the short answer, it depends.

11. Do you have a "beauty budget" or spend freely?

I tend to spend freely because, if there's something I really want, and I know it's a high end brand, I tend to just ignore the price and get it (I know that's so bad). But I am very aware of how much I'm spending as a whole.

12. Do you utilise coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?

We don't really have a lot of coupons in the UK, but the others, hell yeah I use them! If I can get money off something that I want, I'm going to use it! I have points cards for Superdrug, Boots and Debenham's Beauty Club. I tend to collect my Superdrug points all year because they come in very handy at Christmas time. I love a good sale and I'm going to use it whenever I can!

13. What type of products do you buy the most of?

Highlighters, lipsticks (mainly liquid lipsticks) and eyeshadow palettes.

14. Is there any brand that you absolutely can't stand?

Hmmm, I don't think there are any brands I 'can't stand' but there are some that I won't buy from. Those brands are NARS and YSL. I won't buy from them because, 1. they continue to test on animals (well, NARS used to be cruelty free but they aren't anymore), and 2. nothing appeals to me from them so I'm not going to waste my money on something I don't really want.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?

I don't. If I'm honest, I don't even look at the ingredients of makeup. I NEVER buy fakes (not anymore anyway) because they are so dangerous. So, I only buy reputable brands and brands I know I can trust.

16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?

I have a few. Superdrug, Debenhams, Beauty Bay and Boots (so most of the UK sites!)

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?

I'm so rubbish at my skincare! I tend to get things that would work for my skin type and look interesting, or products I've heard good things about.

18. Favourite bath and body brand?

I am a Lush addict! They're bath products and shower gels are my favourite products ever!

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you chose?

Oh, this is a very difficult question because I'm not incredibly brand loyal. Probably Makeup Revolution because they have different brands under their window and they also have products for a full face.

20. Which brand do you think has the best packaging?

This is a toss up between Urban Decay and Kat Von D. I love the vibes of both and they both make beautiful product packaging. I love the gothic vibe of Kat Von D and how everything is very detailed and they use her beautiful artwork but I love the edgy-ness of Urban Decay and how creative it is.

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?

For my taste, Kat Von D. But for classic glam, I love Demi Lovato or Lady Gaga's makeup.

22. Do you belong in any online makeup communities.

I do make YouTube videos in which I like to talk about makeup but I am joined to 4 makeup groups on Facebook which I love!

23. 5 Favourite beauty gurus?

Tati, Jeffree Star, Manny MUA, Nikkie Tutorials and Thomas Halbert. (I have soooo many more that I love!)

24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?

Not usually but I always use highlighters as eyeshadows and stuff. I think I have one product that is described as both a blush and eyeshadow which is the Lolita single powder blush and eyeshadow from Kat Von D.

25. Are you clumsy at putting on makeup?

It's hard to say really. Sometimes I can be very heavy handed and somehow make it work but at other times, I like to be very precise. I would say with some products, I can be heavy handed with and others, I need to be precise.

26. Do you use a makeup base/primer for then eyes?

I do. I use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme De Rose and then set it with either a white, bone or translucent coloured powder.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?

Only shampoo and conditioner, and that's it. I don't really use a lot of heat on my hair very often and I just sleep with my hair wet so it's ready in the morning for work.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?

Concealer first. I feel like I can be a bit heavier handed and I can blend it messier if I do it first because I'm not very good at blending my concealer over my foundation.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?

I do at times but I like to learn things myself and from YouTube tutorials. I would love to do a class or course though!

30. What do you love about makeup?

I think the thing I love the most is that the possibilities are endless with it! You can do so many looks at any one given time and it's just fun to play with. If you get it wrong, or it doesn't look good, you can always wash it off and star again. I love that it's also a form of self expression and creativity. I also think it's an art and take so much skill to do. I have taught myself how to do makeup, and literally started with nothing, and now I know what works for me and what I like and how I like my makeup to look. It's a creative outlet for me and it's my favourite hobby/past time and I love experimenting! I do not do makeup for anyone but myself and if you don't like it or you think I'm too heavily done up, then that's your problem and I love my makeup! It's just creative for me and I can do so much with it and I love it!

--

I think I'm just about done! This was honestly so fun to do and I love tags!

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading. Until next time, bye! xx

Post a Comment