SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 23 March 2018

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks Vs. NYX Liquid Suede Liquid Lipsticks



Hi lovelies!

There's nothing I love more than a good dupe and I realised that I have quite a few dupes in my collection when I went through all my lipsticks. I noticed a lot of similar colours between Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks (which, if you didn't know, is my FAVOURITE lipstick brand ever) to the NYX Liquid Suede Liquid Lipsticks.

I am obsessed with both formulas and I find the NYX formula very similar to the Jeffree Star ones and they are the closest I've found at the drugstore. They also have some great shades in both ranges so I'm a big fan of both brands. They are both a thinner formula, which I tend to prefer in a liquid lipstick because it is much more comfortable than a thick formula that takes ages to dry down. They both also have incredible pigment and they are so easy to apply. Personally, I do prefer the Jeffree Star ones because the formula is slightly longer lasting on me and there are much more shades and varieties in shades which I like.

So, now I have given you a quick over view of the two, I'm going to go through the dupes!

(I have abreviated Jeffree Star to J* to make it easier. Also, in the swatches, the Jeffree Star ones are on the left and the NYX ones are on the right)

---

J* Celebrity Skin Vs. NYX Sandstorm




This one was such an obvious one for me and I have known these are dupes for a while. I would say the NYX one is ever so slightly darker but they give the same effect. They are both a beautiful nude shade and I love both of the shades but Celebrity Skin is my favourite nude of all time. 

J* Gemini Vs. Soft-Spoken



I was shocked at how similar these two are! They are pretty much the exact same colour and, because the formula's are so similar, I would definietly recommend Sand-Storm because it is such a flattering shade and there is no need to spend so much on the high-end one.

J* Nathan Vs. NYX Initiator




These are pretty similar but they have slight differences. Nathan is slightly lighter and very peachy where as Initiator is a bit darker and slightly more pink. But if you're after a peachy nude, these are both great options!

J* Mermaids Blood Vs. NYX Disruptive



I am absolutely in love with this teal colour for my lips! Disruptive is slightly brighter but, there aren't many teal shades out there and they would both give the same effect. I find this colour incredibly flattering and I love it!

J* Diamond Vs. NYX Industrial Paradise



I know this kind of shade isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's stunning. Again, these colours are literally exactly the same! It's a gorgeous light periwinkle blue and would look so cool used in a blue ombre lip look. If you want an out-there colour, then these are both great options to add to your collection!

J* Blow Pony Vs. NYX Sway



This is another pastel colour but slightly more wearable. These again are exactly the same colour and Sway would be great if you just wanted the try this kind of shade out. I love a good purple lip and this is a great one.

J* I'm Royalty Vs. NYX Amethyst



I'm Royalty is my absolute favourite Jeffree Star liquid lipstick and having a dupe is even better. I actually got Amethyst first because I'd never seen a colour like it before. I'm obsesses with a vibrant electric purple and it's pretty much my go-to lipstick. Again, the colours are pretty much identical and both are great options.

J* Delicious Vs. Brooklyn Thorn



I'm so glad I've found a dupe for Delicious because I am in love with this shade. I would say that Brooklyn Thorn is slightly darker but they give the same effect and the same type of shade. I would say they're both a unique shade, but my Dad would shake his head so hard at me for saying that because both can't be unique. But to get back on track, I love these shades and I'm so glad there is a dupe of Delicious.

J* Medusa Vs. NYX Stone Fox



I love a good grey lip if I want a 'grungy' look. These shades are both a beautiful blue toned grey, which I think makes them flattering. They look exactly the same to me and, if you wanted to try a grey lip, then Stone Fox would be a great option to go for because the formula is great!

J* Abused Vs. NXY Foul Mouth



Next is a great navy shade and again, they are exactly the same! They are both very dark and vampy and perfect if you wanted that look and a nice navy blue. The shades are so flattering and would look amazing on so many skin tones, because the shade is surprisingly wearable. 

J* Blue Velvet Vs. NYX Jet-Set



And last but not least is a gorgeous blue shade. I love wearing Blue Velvet because it looks great on my pale skin and makes my teeth look whiter, but this would look amazing on so many skin tones because it is super flattering. I cannot find any differences in these shades and I love that there is a great alternative for this gorgeous shade.

---

And that's the list! I hope you enjoyed it! Please let me know if you want to see any other dupe posts in the future and also let me know what your best dupes are!

Until next time, thanks for reading! Bye xx


Post a Comment