SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 3 September 2020

Where have I been?

 Hi guys!



Wow, it's been a long while! I have not felt motivated to write blog posts in a long time but I have recently got a kick to do them, hence why I'm here. 

Life has been crazy recently. We're all dealing with a global pandemic (thanks Miss Rona) and now a recession because of said pandemic. 2020 is not the one sis. On a personal note, I've actually been doing better. If you know me, you know I deal with Anxiety and this has recently improved. The main reason being we got a dog and he is the love of my little life. He has helped my mental health so much and he is such a joy. 

Now onto the makeup world. I am still in love and obsessed with makeup, this isn't going away any time soon but the makeup community is very toxic right now (obviously not all of it, there are some incredible, unproblematic beauty guru's out there) and I am not really watching a lot of beauty content. I've been watching true crime videos, commentary channels and stuff to just listen to and not really watch. And if I'm not on YouTube, I'm watching stuff on Netflix and documentaries. So my love of makeup definitely is still there but I'm not as invested in the community now. Because I am less invested, I have not filmed a YouTube video in a while. I am hoping to film videos again in the future but I'm not putting pressure on myself to do this, just going to do it when I feel like it.

I'm really hoping to get back into this blog and just having fun with it. I am not going to focus on anything in particular because I don't want to limit myself on what I can talk about. It's going to be kind of random so prepare for that. I can go from something light hearted to something more serious so it's going to be a good mix. I have a post written up ready to go but I wanted to write one before that to just explain my absence to my blog (I am actually really excited about my next post!) 


And that's about it! Thanks for reading and I'll see you all very soon! 

Joanne xx

Post a Comment